This summer we had the privilege of having Darren's sister live with us while she was completing an internship in the area. Darren's sister and I were already good friends in Boston before Darren and I began dating, so it's pretty awesome that she's my sister-in-law now. We had tons of fun having her around, but with me living part-time in Seattle and finishing up grad school and Darren traveling for work, we didn't get out and do as much I would have hoped. I had some grand plans for several camping trips that never really happened, but we did manage to go on a hike the day after Fourth of July.
We headed up to Saratoga and took a small hike at the Villa Montalvo Arboretum.
Villa Montalvo is an arts center that has some beautiful landscaped grounds along with acres of woodlands.
Landscaped grounds with one of the performing centers, from VM website
We did some hiking and ended up at a great lookout point that had a view of the Peninsula and the South Bay. It was a little bit muggy that day, so we couldn't see the bay itself.
View from the lookout point
Me and Darren's sister
Me and Darren
This place was a great find by Darren!
There must be so many beautiful places to hike where you live--ENJOY.
ReplyDelete