Monday, September 13, 2010

Guten Tag!

Hello and welcome to the our blog!  As most of you know, we are moving to Zürich, Switzerland around the end of October for Darren's job.  I thought it would be fun to document our adventures once we got there.  However, now that I have graduated and generally have a lot of free time before our move, I thought I would just start a family blog for us in general and get going before we get busy with the move.  So some of these first posts will be documenting highlights from the last couple of months.



Our First Anniversary
We celebrated our first anniversary on July 18, 2010.  It honestly feels like we have been married a lot longer than that with everything that happened in the first year (unexpected job change and subsequent move, trip to antarctica, grad program change, deciding to move to a foreign country), but it's been a blast.  For our anniversary, since I was in full thesis-writing/stress mode at that point, we just took a day trip along the California coast to see the highlights.

Gray Whale Cove State Beach

There was, of course, fog along the coast, but after we hit Half Moon Bay, we went inland to do some casual hiking.

Portola State Park

The view from Alpine Road looking back at the ocean

We had saved the top layer of our wedding cake last year and defrosted it on our anniversary to eat.  The filling didn't taste that great, but the cake and the frosting seemed to be edible.



It was a great anniversary!







3 comments:

  1. Hooray! I'm so excited to be able to get updates on you guys and your European adventure! Good luck preparing for the move and congratulations again on your graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog! More adventures to follow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your anniversary went so well:) Way to do the blog--how fun:)

    ReplyDelete