Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring Picnic and Spring Flowers

Last Thursday the weather was perfect, so I organized a spring picnic with my friends.  We went to the beautiful arboretum and let the kids and dogs run around while we chatted.  After a while though, I couldn't help myself and I went to go run around with the little kids.  We played "try and hit Amanda with nerf balls".  I definitely got a lot of looks from the reserved and polite Swiss as I had a band of screaming kids chasing me around the park trying to throw things at me. ;)

Someone was getting tickled because they kept jumping in front of the camera

Now the little boy can have his own camera time

Showing off doggy tricks

Fearless little one petting the big dog

And all throughout this past week, flowers and trees have been blooming!  I've collected pictures from all of my walks that I want to share now.  I'm pretty proud of these pictures!  But this goes to show, you don't need a fancy camera to take good pictures when things are just naturally beautiful!  Good framing, focus, and subject are all you need.  No, commentary from me, though if you know what these flowers are, feel free to leave a comment.










4 comments:

  1. SUPER job on the flower/tree pictures...way to go!! Who wouldn't want to come visit, now?!? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you should be VERY proud. Great job--love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Spring. Beautiful pictures of flowers and the park. Now for the burning question of the day. Are there snails in Switzerland?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures Amanda. They are beautiful, we are just getting blossoms here. We had flat stanley come and visit us once too!!

    ReplyDelete