We had our first visitor from the US this month! This visitor didn't come by plane though, she came by mail! In honor of the book called Flat Stanley (where a little boy gets flattened by a bulletin board and then travels around the world by mailing himself) my cousin made a flat version of herself and mailed it to us!
On a nice, sunny day last week, I took Flat Abby out to see all the great sites in downtown Zürich. We visited Grossmünster, but we didn't go to the top of the towers because Flat Abby was scared of being blown away since it was windy.
Flat Abby and I enjoying the sunshine on the bridge
We also saw St. Peter Kirche and Fraumünster, but we both agreed that Grossmünster was the best
Flat Abby and I also walked over to see Lake Zürich and saw lots of great ducks and swans. We couldn't see the Alps that day because it was a bit hazy. Flat Abby told me she still enjoyed the view anyways.
We had a great time on our trip downtown, and even though she doesn't speak German, she managed to meet a fellow American who was also traveling the world via mail!
Flat Stanley and his friend Michelle
Stanley and Abby enjoyed getting to know each other and swapped travel tips before we said goodbye. Flat Abby is going to be leaving us soon to go to Texas, but we've enjoyed having her here!




I love this--how very cute for Flat Abby to be able to see all the sites.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure enjoying seeing all the sites on your blog ; )
Abs is going to love seeing this. I'm looking forward to further adventures with Flat Abby.
ReplyDelete