Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Sunny February Saturday in Zürich

For the past five days or so we have finally had some sunny weather here in Zürich!  It even got up into the mid-50s this past weekend, but unfortunately, the good weather corresponded right with when Darren and I got sick.  I started to feel better on Saturday, but Darren was still pretty sick, so I just went for a walk downtown by myself and took some pictures.  Here are just a few shots for you to enjoy.

Fraumünster in the foreground and Kirche St. Peter in the background

Grossmünster


Kirche St. Peter

Altstadt (Old Town)

Grossmünster again

On my way home, I happened to come across a rally supporting the anti-government demonstrators in Egypt.  It was the most calm demonstration ever, with policemen and police cars leading the group in a very orderly manner through downtown.  The Swiss don't like to get worked up about things, so the only people shouting were the foreigners.  It was kind of amusing to see a bunch of Middle Easterners yelling in German.  When they yell, "Freiheit", that means freedom.

4 comments:

  1. Nice pictures of those historical churches, Pan. Isn't it amazing how events in Egypt have captured the world's attention. Grandma and I listened fascinated to the translation of Mubarak's speech yesterday only to be disappointed that he didn't step down. We actually postponed our afternoon walk for a short time so we could hear the entire speech. Let's hope the eventual regime change isn't for another type of dictatorship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool pics, Panda. Can I just say that I love Old Town? Your pictures are getting better, by the way ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice "day in the life post" Amanda! Can't wait to see Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics, Amanda. Great job. I'm so glad you are documenting all of this--what a great experience for you and Darren.

    ReplyDelete