On Wednesday of our trip, Darren had meetings in the Tel Aviv office, so I was on my own again. I didn't do anything new or thrilling, but I did practice my photography skills, so this post will be light on commentary and will just be about enjoying the scenery.
Luckily, Wednesday was a gorgeous day in Tel Aviv, with clear skies and highs in the mid-60s. My only goal for the day was to just be outside since I wouldn't feel 60-degree temperatures for a long time. I basically walked from our hotel down the promenade along the beach all the way to Jaffa and back, which is about 4 miles round trip. I would just stop every once in a while along the walk when I felt like I had a good shot. So here are the pictures.
I walked out onto the sand to take some pictures
Locals enjoying the water
The rocky part of the shore
Half-way to Jaffa
Children taking sailing lessons in Jaffa
Practicing my photography
When I reached Jaffa, I just sat on a bench in the sun with my Kindle and read for an hour or so before I ate at that French cafe I was talking about in Jaffa. Then I walked around and took some more pictures before walking back up to our hotel.
View from my bench in Jaffa
Last shot I took in Jaffa
Then I sat in the sand by the hotel and finished my book on the Kindle before going inside. When Darren got home from his meetings, neither of us felt like sitting down at a restaurant for 2+ hours for dinner, so we went to McDonald's! Again I tried the chicken wrap and in Israel, they serve the chicken inside pita bread with chopped tomatoes and cucumbers and a great sauce. This by far has been my favorite chicken wrap. :)
Then the next day, we left warm and sunny Israel for snowy Zürich. Israel was hands-down one of the best trips I have ever been on! We had a fantastic time and know how lucky we are to be able to see all those things.

Beautiful photos, Pan. You captured the blues and greens of the Mediterranean. The beaches look beautiful. Hope you have as much fun in Barcelona as Israel. Thanks for the visit.
ReplyDeleteMcDonald's? Seriously?
ReplyDeleteGreat photos! Way to go! Love the one of the church.
ReplyDeleteAnd I love going to McDonald's once when we visit other countries. Even if we just walk in to get a Diet Coke and look at the menu differences. It's so interesting.
Great pics - I keep forgetting how nice the beach environment is there ; )Nice move on McDonald's - I usually use it as an economic barometer for each country...a nice snapshot of the pop culture. I may be hungry, but that French cafe sure sounds good right now...
ReplyDelete