Sunday, October 3, 2010

Picnic Lunch and Red Sox Game

I have always loved being outside on a warm sunny day and so I am always looking for an excuse to have some adventure outside.  I especially like picnics and so one beautiful Saturday in September, Darren and I drove over to Los Gatos (which is becoming our new favorite hangout, more on this in a later post) for a picnic at Vasona Lake County Park.  This was a great place to picnic.


The view from our picnic spot


Later on in the day I was fortunate enough to attend an Oakland A's versus Boson Red Sox game!  Not only did I get to go to a game, but I sat in the third row!  Right behind home plate!  One of my good friends scored these amazing tickets from her boss.  If you don't believe me, here's proof:



This was the view from my seat!


I seriously could not even think straight for tens of minutes because I was so overwhelmed with how awesome these seats were.


My awesome friends


Lowell was so close we could talk to him!  I was too nervous though.



Action shot!  The bat broke into a bunch of pieces.


The Red Sox have had a tough year and most of the well-known players were injured, so I was disappointed I didn't get to see all of my favorites.  But at the end of the game, I finally got to see Big Papi!


Big Papi up to bat!


Unfortunately, the Red Sox blew their lead and ended up losing, but it was still a great game!  How do I always get so lucky to see the Red Sox?

5 comments:

  1. I just watched the A's destroy the Mariners ... but not from such amazing seats as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like Los Gatos. I really loved living there. I don't know if you've checked out Saratoga - it was also a great place. Vasona is a GREAT park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun!! We really need to visit you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those are amazing seats. (I'll be nice and say nothing about the Red Sox ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are AMAZING seats. I am pretty jealous...

    ReplyDelete