Friday, June 17, 2011

Hipskind European Adventure: Last Day

I forgot to talk about the great cow encounter we had while we were leaving Giessbach Hotel.  Along the narrow road that leads out from the hotel to the highway, this strange-looking cow was galloping down the hill to come check us out.  We stopped to look at him and his family, and they all mooed at us.  These cows had long hair and could have been Highland cattle, though we aren't sure.  All we know was that they were interesting to see.  The funny thing was, some black and white cows on the other side of the road heard the mooing and they, too, walked up to the fence to check us out and started mooing, too.  Another car was coming so we had to leave, but I'm glad Mom was able to get a picture of the funny-looking cow.  Yeah, I'm a little obsessed with the cows here.

The funny-looking cow that was mooing at us

After we got back to Zürich, Darren had to go to work, so I took Mom and Steve out to see the sites in Zurich.  It rained on and off that day, so I don't have a lot of pictures of what we did, but I took them to the usual sites that I have highlighted in this blog before: Grossmünster, Fraumünster, Bahnhofstrasse, etc.

Eating the famous Sprüngli treats: Luxemburgerli

I think they like them!

Enjoying the hazelnut Luxemburgerli on Bahnhofstrasse

Mom and Steve in Zürich

That night Darren left for a business trip and Mom, Steve, and I went to a restaurant called Brasserie Lipp for dinner.  This place is an exact replica of the famous Parisian eatery, though I don't know if the menus are exactly the same.  We all enjoyed some seafood and then headed back to mine and Darren's apartment to call it a night.  Then the next morning, I took Mom and Steve to the airport and the Hipskind European adventure was over. :(  We had a great time with them and saw some breathtaking things, and really lucked out on the weather.  The next round of parents gets here on Wednesday, so there will be more to post after that trip!

3 comments:

  1. What odd-looking cows. I've never seen any quite like those. I'm sure Chris would have been impressed :) Thanks for sharing the adventure with us, Amanda, even though it was vicariously. Looking forward to the next post. They're always interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have never believed that was a cow.

    Looks like you all had some great times. Thanks for sharing it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, I loved your report and photos on your Mom's visit. Lincoln and I just marvel at the Alps. Almost every photo was like a postcard. Hard to go wrong with great material. Also, I totally agree about cows. You got photos of some pretty cute cows. I think it's their noses I love best. You think they're so cute and then you get closer and remember they're the size of your bathroom. Also, the water falls look seriously out of proportion until you see those tiny pink boats, and those don't even seem real. Anyway, keep taking trips and hikes and picnics! We love it all!

    ReplyDelete