Sunday, May 22, 2011

Our Neighborhood: Belvoirpark

Another great park in my area is Belvoirpark.  I don't know anything about it except that it is a beautifully landscaped area with a dedicated iris garden.  In March and April, I went to this park several times to see if the irises had bloomed, but they had not.  Then I forgot to go check this park for a while and when I was there last Wednesday, it looks like the irises had already bloomed.  Some were still around, but you could see some were wilting from the hot sun.  I took some pictures of the park and some varieties of irises, so enjoy.

A pathway in Belvoirpark

The Iris garden






This kind was my favorite


So many beautiful places in Zurich!

1 comment:

  1. Funny, I found Rieterpark on Google Earth and saw Belvoir Park across the street and wondered if you had been there. It has a restaurant according to Google Earth. Wendy and Keith have become bigtime iris fanciers and I'm going tell her to look at your blog today. I think they'll love the irises.

    ReplyDelete