Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Israel Recap Interrupted, Our Stuff Arrived!

I haven't been posting for two days because our stuff FINALLY arrived yesterday!  We had received word that the cargo ship with our stuff in it had arrived in Belgium as planned on the 14th.  Then we got an e-mail on Friday saying they could deliver our things Tuesday morning.  I wanted our stuff so badly, I even chose to stay here to get our things as soon as possible over accompanying Darren to New York on his business trip this week.

So yesterday morning, right at 8 am as planned (three cheers for Swiss punctuality!) this truck pictured below arrived.  One of my good friends graciously volunteered to be there at 8 am, too, so that I would have some help getting everything unpacked.  She encouraged me to go run out and take a picture of the truck, so I did, even though it was snowing.

The truck with our stuff in it

After traveling almost 6,000 miles, we only had one broken thing.  Our TV stand had a glass top and it shattered somewhere en route.  Oh well, that's why we have insurance, so we'll just get something to replace it.

The shattered glass top I took pictures of for insurance

So now you can see how the place is with furniture in it!  It's still a work in progress, but I'm hoping to have everything done by the end of February so we can have a housewarming party.  Nothing like a housewarming party four months after you've moved. ;)



Israel posts will start again tomorrow.  Three more to go.

2 comments:

  1. Bet you're glad to have your own things around you. Too bad about the glass TV stand. Wonder how it broke? Everything looks well-packed. Now it feels like home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The place looks great! So weird to see furniture there now ; ) By the way, we've been here in Austin even longer and still haven't had a housewarming party....

    ReplyDelete