When you walk in the front door, to the right is the living room and the dining room. The Swiss (maybe Europeans?) love parquet flooring, but I am not a big fan. Not much you can do about it though since many apartments had this flooring. You cans see in the picture that there is a little ledge inside the living room. That is where the fireplace is. The sliding glass door in the dining room leads out to a large balcony.
As you walk down the hallway, there is a bathroom on the left.
If you keep walking down the hallway, there is a door to the kitchen on the right. You can also enter the kitchen from the dining room. The kitchen is very large for Swiss standards, so I am excited about that. We have a lot of kitchen things, so there is plenty of cabinets for all of our things. You can also see a nice, little attached table there. This has been a been a huge benefit to us since we don't have any kind of desk/table for another month. We just bought two black Ikea folding chairs and use this space as a desk and kitchen table.
When you walk down the hall to the bedroom, inside the bedroom door is another bathroom. Again, this is so huge compared to normal Swiss bathrooms. You can't see it, but it has double sinks, which we really enjoy.
Then this is our bedroom, which is really big. That is good for us though since we have a large bedroom furniture set. We are excited we will be able to ship all of our furniture because we have space for all of it. The open door leads out onto another large balcony.
So that's our place! There is one picture of the apartment currently that I will share with you:
We have an advent calendar! They are huge here in Europe and lots of stores sell them. Even LEGO makes one where you get certain pieces every day to build parts of a larger thing. It's pretty awesome! I just got this cheap one at the grocery store, though. We also ordered a tree from Amazon Germany! Hopefully it gets here some time this week and then I can decorate!






That's funny! I think of Europe being so secular that I would never expect them to be so interested in Advent calendars. Shows you how much I know. Your apartment looks very comfortable and liveable.
ReplyDeleteNice place - I can't believe you managed to score a place with so much room. The kitchen looks awesome. I wish I had a Lego advent...
ReplyDeleteLooks good Amanda! I can't wait for us to visit!
ReplyDeleteHow cool that there is a lego advent calendar--even I (YES ME) would like that better than chocolate.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures. Looks beautiful. Those closets are AMAZING.
HOW FUN!!! I love those calendars!
ReplyDeleteWow! What a great place! From my limited European experiences, all apartments are tiny and cramped. Looks like you scored big time!
ReplyDelete