Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Google Office

We've had a busy couple of days!

On Saturday, we had to go over to Darren's office to scan some apartment-related documents, so I took it upon myself to take some pictures of his awesome building.  This is me prepping for when I'm a mom someday by taking totally embarrassing photos like this one below.  At least I waited until no one was in the office.



Each floor in the building has a different color and so each floor is decorated with things associated with that color, I'm guessing.  Darren's floor is blue, so his hallway is ocean-themed.




I don't think Heidi would like working in this hallway...


I don't know what this has to do with the ocean, but this picture below is of a meeting place on Darren's floor.



 The top floor is space-themed, so one hallway is a bunch of Star Wars stuff, of course.


It also has a sky lounge, which is where I took these pictures from.  All the pretty leaves were knocked down during a heavy rainstorm last Friday, but then it cleared up and warmed up, so Saturday and Sunday were lovely.


We can hear the clock bells from that church every hour, I really like it

Another floor is jungle-themed, so here is the jungle lounge.


Since everyone's desks are just crammed right next to each other (no cubicles or offices), they have conference call rooms for you to take your calls so you don't disturb everyone and if you need multiple people to join in from the office.  Instead of boring old rooms to sit in, the office has things like these below where you can take your calls.  There are speaker phones inside.

The alligator has a foot in his mouth...

 Another funny room is what I call the fish room, since I don't know it's actual name.  The room is dark, except for the lights on in the fish tanks.  There are a bunch of chairs in there where people can go and relax for a while.  I don't think Darren has ever been in there, though, so I'm not sure how often it gets used.




Why did I pick the bathtub and not the massage chair?


After the office visit, we went around to some more parts of the city to look at housing.  This is a picture from the train as we traveled by Lake Zurich.




Just another picturesque street in Zurich :)

3 comments:

  1. I want to work on the space floor, please. Also, I'm sure that Darren won't allow a REALLY embarrassing picture to be posted. But you need to practice those skills ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool office. Great job, Amanda. I love it. I doubt you'd catch Heidi anywhere near that hallway. I think those Conference Call Rooms are a little different. I hope Darren is enjoying his job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a weird and wonderful place to work. Googlites are a little different. Is that a Razor in the background? Does he tool around the offices with that or is it for show? Love the shot of you in the tub. I wonder who is embarrassing whom? Zurich is certainly picturesque and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete